Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ontario License Plates Colour

Speechless

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.
Kahlil Gibran, Sand and Foam

I have tried in recent days trying to figure out something more the circumstances that led Pippa Bacca to his tragic death. I visited the blog telling project Brides on Tour, the symbols used to find a meta-crossing areas affected by the journey and get to all the people you meet on the road, the travel accounts of this woman went married to a high ideal of beauty, which our armored West can no longer be pursued.
I tried to understand, I've tried it, because I was very upset the common wisdom on the matter summed up with the phrase "if asked for it."
do not understand why in this country a mercenary who was captured and killed in Iraq is considered a hero, while a woman who designs and embarks on a journey as cross-cultural artistic gesture of dialogue, acceptance and of the meeting, who is raped and murdered on her way to Istanbul is not even considered a victim.
E 'I still can not accept that it can be considered inconvenient or worse provocative that a woman traveling alone or dress in an unconventional way, or talk about peace. I just can not accept that women in this country have yet to be imposed on these ignoble burka cultural, moral lynching when the penalty is fine and the "serves you right" when it gets bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment